Tuesday 23 July 2013

How Women can Approach Their Divorce



I’ve been the classic modern woman. I worked my way through school and higher education with the goal of having a career for myself. That hard work and sacrifice paid off with a good job. I was also able to maintain a family for a number of years, and I felt confident with every problem I faced. However I never gave enough thought to what a divorce would be like. I had too much faith that my hard work would pay off in every part of my life. Now I realize I neglected certain responsibilities and it has resulted in the dissolution of my marriage. I am learning various ways to cope with the emotional rollercoaster of a divorce, as well as affective ways to handle separation and litigation. Here are some thoughts on divorce support for women that might be useful to you. 

·         It’s a good idea to know specifically what type of assistance you are after such as legal advice, emotional counseling or perhaps some financial help.
·         Emotional counseling is particularly important. The Surgeon General says that 30-40% of people who are going through divorce experience symptoms of depression and anxiety.
·         Financial counseling can help you transition into managing a single-parent household. Counselors can also help you find a job training program which is important if you are re-entering the workforce after a long absence.
·         Legal counseling as you might expect is something you should seek immediately once divorce papers are being discussed. 

Look for help right away!

It can’t hurt and is often beneficial to begin seeking help as soon as you start thinking of divorce. Whether this is therapy, or a divorce lawyer, finding the right  is divorce assistance for women crucial. In my case I had to figure out how to revert to having a single-parent household because my husband moved out during the separation. It has also been very helpful for me since I found a local divorce support group for women who are going through divorce. We’ve been able to confide in each other and share little secrets and tips which have really strengthened our resolve to see it through to the next day. It hasn’t been easy for any of us, but we’ve made some new friends, some of which I think will last for a lifetime. 

Use the internet

As soon as the sting from receiving divorce papers wore off I was using the internet to find legal advice. I discovered many law firms have websites that offer free consultations through the internet. I could simply send in questions and have them respond, and I was even able to open a chat room to have some of my questions answered immediately. I highly recommend using the internet for some initial briefing on what a divorce for women is like. 


Read More About How to Win Divorce Case For Women's!
 

Get a good lawyer on your side

The next step was finding a local law firm that works specifically with family law. Not just any lawyer will do. It is best to get specific and find one that has experience representing women in divorce. I visited several firms before making a decision. In the end the lawyer that inspired the most confidence in me through our one on one meeting was the attorney I chose. 

I also used www.legal-yogi.com as a starting point for most of my divorce help for women. At this point I am very confident the transition to divorcee will be smooth. Call them immediately if you need help at 1-800-397-1755.

No comments:

Post a Comment